- THE FORMAT
- The Fish Bowl Big Bass Tournament provides amateur anglers the opportunity to win multiple cash payouts each day during the bi-hourly weigh-ins. Each tournament day features four bi-hourly weigh-ins that pay five cash payouts every other hour from 9am – 3pm. The angler with the overall biggest bass at the end of the tournament will win an additional $5,000 and Big Bass honors. Anglers may only enter 4 fish total per day (1 per bi-hourly) and can register for one or both days.
- HOW DO I ENTER?
- Entering is easy:
- 1.)Online registration at https://www.winningticket.com/fish-bowl-2023 or fill out the pdf on the same site and send it in to The Toby Keith Foundation, 818 NE 8 th Street, OKC, OK 73104. The mail must be postmarked by August 25, 2023.
-  2.)You can register in person at the Captain’s meeting or at the event, but pre-registration is encouraged.
-  3.)Though online registration is preferred, you may register at Eufaula Cove/Swim Beach Pavilion on Friday from 12pm – 5pm Saturday and/or Sunday beginning at 6:00am.
-  4.)Entry fees are: 2-day $200 or 1-day $100 per person. You may have multiple people fishing in the same boat, but everyone in the boat must be a paid participant.
-  5.)You will receive a confirmation of registration upon check out. (Check Spam/Junk folder if you don't receive)
-  6.)In the event of inclement or dangerous weather and the tournament has to be canceled, your registration fee will be considered a donation to The Toby Keith Foundation or will be refunded upon request.
-  7.)There is a Captain’s meeting on September 8, 2023 at 6pm at Lake Eufaula Pavilion, but is not mandatory. Please review rules carefully and contact us if you have questions.
DECISIONS: All decision of the Tournament Director are final.
-  9.)Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Director and/or The Toby Keith Foundation. They may impose sanctions as deemed appropriate for rule infractions without limitation e.g., disqualification, and forfeiture of prizes, entry fee and prohibition from participation in subsequent tournaments. It is at the Tournament Director and/or The Toby Keith Foundation’s discretion to make a change where safety is a concern. Organizers reserve the right to refuse participation or entry, of any person for any reason. Federal, state, local and lake laws and rules must be obeyed at all times.
INFORMATION:Any and all announcements concerning emergencies and hourly results will be broadcast over the OFFICIAL radio station and online. Bring a portable radio in your boat and a phone.
- 11.)PARTICIPANTS AND ELIGIBILITY:
- 12.)All State & Federal penal code laws shall apply at all times.
- 13.)All State, Coast Guard, Federal Parks & Wildlife regulations shall apply at all times.
- 14.)You may have multiple people fishing in the same boat, but everyone in the boat must be a paid participant. At least one person in the boat, must be over 18 years of age.
- 15.)This tournament is designed primarily for amateurs, therefore, anyone who has fished 5 or more tournaments within the past 12 months of this tournament with an entry fee over $2500 or anyone who has provided Bass guide service for pay within the past 90 days on Lake Eufaula, will not be eligible to compete in this tournament.
- 16.)If you win any of the payouts, you must present a valid Oklahoma fishing license when picking up your check unless you fall in the exclusions that the state has in place (i.e. underage or disabled veteran).
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND DRUGS:During tournament hours no alcoholic beverages or narcotic drugs may be consumed or allowed in the boat while on the water, except prescription medications. Alcoholic Beverages and Drugs are not allowed at registration and weigh-in area during the weigh-in. NO MIND-ALTERING DRUG, INCLUDING MEDICAL MARIJUANA OR THC, may be used within four hours of a polygraph for any event.
SPORTSMANSHIP:There is no horsepower limit, however, no engine may exceed the BIA horsepower rating for the boat in use. All boats must meet US Coast Guard and state regulations. All boats must be a minimum of 16 feet and have an emergency kill switch and working lights. All boats must have aerated live wells suitable to sustain a tournament limit in releasable condition. Extra gas tanks must be secured and must meet US Coast Guard specifications. No ladders, platforms, standing on seats and/or motors shall be allowed for the purpose of fishing.
BOATS & MOTORS:There is no horsepower limit, however, no engine may exceed the BIA horsepower rating for the boat in use. All boats must meet US Coast Guard and state regulations. All boats must be a minimum of 16 feet and have an emergency kill switch and working lights. All boats must have aerated live wells suitable to sustain a tournament limit in releasable condition. Extra gas tanks must be secured and must meet US Coast Guard specifications. No ladders, platforms, standing on seats and/or motors shall be allowed for the purpose of fishing.
SAFETY:Boating safety must be observed at all times during competition. A U.S. Coast Guard approved chest type life preserver must be on and fastened at all times when the boat is on plane and the kill switch must be attached to the driver.
TACKLE & EQUIPMENT: Intentional snagging of fish will not be allowed. Trolling with the aid of combustion or electric motors is not permitted. Only artificial lures may be used. Liquid fish attractants are allowed. Only one (1) rod may be used at any one time, other rods may be in the boat and ready for use, however, every cast and retrieve must be completed before another cast is made. Rods may not exceed eight feet in length. The use of underwater cameras is not allowed during competition.
PROTESTS:All protests must be submitted in writing prior to the official closing of the scales.
POLYGRAPH:All contestants are subject to a polygraph test. Failure to submit to and pass is grounds for disqualification.
SCORING FISH:Each tournament day features four bi-hourly weigh-ins starting at 9:00am and ending at 3:00pm. Each bi-hourly weigh-in awards cash payouts to the top five biggest bass. There is also a Big Bass payout of $5000 for the largest bass of the weekend. The tournament will also pay 2 nd and 3 rd place at $3,000 and $1,000 respectively.
Each person may weigh in 4 fish total per day they have registered. If you are registered for just one day, you may bring in one fish per bi-hourly weigh-in on the one day you will be fishing. No dead fish or iced fish will be weighed. Only largemouth, Kentucky, smallmouth and red eye bass will be scored. In the event of a tie, the prize money will be split.
PERMITTED FISHING WATERS:No tube or wade fishing allowed. No fishing or casting a lure within 25 yards of another tournament boat or participant without mutual consent. If trolling motor is up and boat is anchored or tied, (50) yards minimum. Only contestants may be in the boat during tournament hours. Navigable waters of the Tournament Lake (from the host marinas) are the only waters to be fished during the tournament. The practice of restricting the natural movement of fish by any means such as, but not limited to the use of nets, tanks, or dams shall not be tolerated and will result in immediate disqualification. Restricting the access to waters normally accessible to anglers by any means such as felling of trees or placement of obstructions will result in disqualification.
OFF LIMITS PERIOD:You may launch your boat any time after 6:00am with your first official cast at 6:45am or after. No fishing is allowed during official “Off Limits”. Any time outside of 6:45am – 3pm on Saturday and Sunday are considered “Off Limits” During the tournament, a competitor may not use a CB radio, a VHF marine band radio, a cellular phone or any other type of communication device for the purpose of locating or catching fish. During the competition day, a contestant must not have the assistance or advice from anyone to locate bass except from another entered contestant in this tournament. Failure to report violations or suggestions to violate these rules will be cause for disqualification.
CONSERVATION:Adequate live wells are mandatory on each boat and must provide aeration to sustain fish in good condition, as every effort will be made to release as many live, releasable fish as possible.
MINORS:All minors entered in these events must have a parent or legal guardian sign a consent form before fishing. All minors must have a legal adult in the boat at all times during tournament hours.
TRAILERING:Anglers may launch from any ramp they choose. There is no mandatory “host ramp.”
You may trailer or dock at either weigh-in location to weigh your fish.
WEIGH-IN: The bass tournament is from 6:45am (lines in at 6:45am) to 3:00pm on Saturday and Sunday with scales opening at 7am.The bi-hourly weigh-ins will be held at Eufaula Cove/Swim Beach Pavilion at 400 Lakeshore Dr., Eufaula, Oklahoma 74432 and at Duchess Creek Marina located at 114149 S 4285 Loop Porum, OK 74455. Check presentations will be held at Eufaula Cove Pavilion the end of each day.
- 31.)Weigh-in times are as follows: 9am weigh-in – must be in line or checked in by 8:59am, 11am weigh-in – must be in line or checked in by 10:59am, 1pm weigh-in – must be in line or checked in by 12.59pm, 3pm weigh-in – must be in line or checked in by 2:59pm.
- 32.)Anglers will bring their fish in their own bags and will transfer them to bags provided by Future Bass Trail.
- 33.)After weighing a fish, anglers are free to proceed immediately back to the lake to continue fishing. There is a limit of 4 weighed fish per day per person.
PRIZES: Prizes and numbers of positions paid out are not subject to change based on participation. There is a guaranteed payout for this tournament of $33,000 regardless of number of entries. All winners may be subject to a polygraph test. Winning participants are responsible for all applicable taxes.
Payouts are as follows:Saturday – 1 st /$1,000, 2 nd /$800, 3 rd /$600, 4 th /$400, 5 th /$200 for each weigh-in per day. Sunday - 1 st /$1,000, 2 nd /$800, 3 rd /$600, 4 th /$400, 5 th /$200 for each weigh-in per day. The biggest bass for the entire two day tournament is $5,000, 2 nd is $3,000 and 3 rd is $1,000.
- Liability Waiver
- I/We have read and understand all rules and regulations associate with this tournament and hereby release, hold harmless, waive and forever discharge all other contestants, sponsors, volunteers, tournament officials, municipalities, property owners, The Toby Keith Foundation and all other partners, for any and all claims for injury or damages incurred in connection with this tournament, and are fully aware of the nature of these events. I/We also release, hold harmless, waive and forever discharge all above mentioned persons from any and all claims for injury or damaged incurred in the event a minor, under the age of eighteen is participating in the event. I/We also agree that The Toby Keith Foundation shall have exclusive rights to use any photographs and video/audio recordings of myself/us as a contestant to use in any matter The Toby Keith Foundation chooses. In signing this application to participate in the event, we do agree to submit to any qualified polygraph test, and I/We agree to any outcome of such testing. This waiver and release covers all aspects of the event. All contestants must sign this waiver prior to participating. I further agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the event and boating and vehicle laws of the state in which the tournament is held. With my participation in this event, I/We irrevocably grant The Toby Keith Foundation and its sponsor’s unlimited rights to use, in media, and photographs and video/audio recordings of me, contestants, fish caught, and accounts for interviews with contestants for any and all purposes and event coverage including but not limited to, promotional and advertising purposes.