The Tri-State PGA is a “Section” of the Professional Golfers Association of America. It was founded in December 1921 and was originally named the Western Pennsylvania Section. When the National PGA decided to break up the original seven Sections, the state of West Virginia and the Northwest corner of Maryland were added to the boundaries of the Western PA Section. In 1923, the name was changed to the Tri-State Section.
For over 90 years, the 390 PGA Members and Apprentices at over 200 facilities in Western Pennsylvania, Western Maryland and the state of West Virginia have served the golfing community with numerous programs and services designed to enhance their enjoyment of the game of golf!
As the Tri-State Section’s mission statement point out, the objective of the TSPGA is to establish the section as a viable, valuable and visible organization within the golfing community.
The Tri-State Section remains committed to the growth and vitality of the game of golf within the Tri-State area. Through the ongoing efforts of the Tri-State PGA and in coordination with the entire golf industry, the TSPGA strives to remain at the forefront of efforts to continue to grow the game of golf both today and in the future.